Friday, September 26, 2008

My baby is 10 years old!

T1 turned 10 last weekend and all of our local family came over to celebrate. We had ribs, shrimp, sausage, red potatoes, and grilled vegetables. Frozen margaritas, yummy cake, and ice cream topped off a wonderfully scrumptious meal! T1 received mostly money from everyone and he's so excited about saving it. Yes, I said saving it! There was about 5 minutes when he toyed with the idea of spending his money on a PS3 (not that the amount he received would cover a PS3), but he quickly changed his mind and started talking again about saving his money so he can buy a lot of land for us to live on when he grows up. He envisions a family compound kind of setup where his property would be large enough for his entire family to live. If the land was vast enough for us to each have our own space, then I think it's a swell idea!

On another note, my 10 year old has another girlfriend. He broke up with Hannah (he actually had one of his friends break up with Hannah for him -- how weak is that!) and now a girl named Amber is his girlfriend. He seems to be a serial dater... I hope this slows down as he gets older and smarter.

I'm sad to report the Blood Sucking Leeches broke up this week. T1 quit because it wasn't his dream to be in a band (he still wants to be an architect). When he told Matt (a friend in the band) that the band would need to find another base player (uh, I never knew they thought they ever had a base player in T1), one of the other guys dropped out and then the girls quit and everything just crumbled. So sad.

No comments: