Doesn't it seem like our weekends pass by way too fast? This weekend we drove 4 hours to visit an uncle I hadn't seen in at least 6 years. It was a very nice, but short, visit. My uncle has never been married and doesn't have any children, so I'm sure a 24-hour dose of my crew was about all he could handle (although he was a very gracious host). We passed through the town where my brother and sister-in-law live on our way to my uncle's, so one of the highlights of our trip was that we got to stop by their home to quickly visit the family. It was nice to see everyone. We know we should plan more road trips to see friends and family, and I'm thinking this should be easier now that our babies are getting a little older.
Yesterday, my husband had the grand idea of going on a family hike. Being the good sport that I am, I agreed. We drove about an hour to a state natural area that we had never been to before. This place is huge and there are tons of hiking and biking trails, a haven for true outdoor enthusiasts, I'm sure. The problem is that you can't even be a mediocre outdoor enthusiast if you have three kids (especially if two of of your kiddos are under the age of 2). When we got to our destination, my husband informed me that he selected an 8-mile hike for us. He's a funny guy, isn't he? He was dead serious. I don't know who he thought was going to carry the babies, but I wasn 't up for carrying a 20 lb (T3) or 28 lb (T2) baby on an 8-mile hike. Lucky for me (no hint of sarcasm at all in that expression), I convinced him to scale our trip down to a measley 4-mile hike. It actually wasn't that bad, but I was pretty tired when we were done. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see much wildlife. We were in pretty thick cedar the whole time and the extent of the wildlife we got to see was a lizard, a black widow's spider web (scary), and coyote poop. Fun.
When we got home, we tried unsuccessfully to cram a whole weekend's worth of cleaning into a couple of hours before bedtime. I crashed before 10:00, but was up a little after 6:00 this morning because T3 has a cold and isn't sleeping well. Speaking of T3, he just threw up all over Matt so I have to go and help clean-up. Until next time...
1 comment:
ha ha an 8 mile hike? with two little ones? hope you had hiking backpacks. glad you just got to do the 4 though.
Post a Comment