Sometimes your kids make you so happy and other times it seems everything goes awry. Right now is not one of the times when they make me happy. Oh, where do I start?
I guess this isn't so bad, but T1's teacher sent me an email the other day that said: "There is no need to worry, but I wanted to chat with you about (T1) when you have a few minutes. There are some things that I have been noticing regarding his behavior at school. " I read this and, of course, started to worry. Knowing that T1's teacher really likes him, I thought something very bad must have happened for her to ask to speak with me. Well, as it turns out, another parent called to complain that T1 was making her child feel bad about not doing well in school by saying things like "dude, that was easy; how did you miss it?" So, Matt and I are going to talk to T1 about bringing others up instead of putting them down. I'm sure it will be a work in progress... Unfortunately, that isn't the worst of it. T1 went to stay the night at a friend's house this weekend and got in trouble for talking about his "balls" (and, no, I don't mean baseballs or soccer balls). I think he now understands the risk of talking like that, but how will I know for sure? Is there a way I can insert a permanent eavesdropping device so I can constantly monitor and correct his language? Oh, what to do. The boy is pushing his limits.
T1 aside, T3 is also pushing buttons. He is teething right now and is extremely agitated. (BTW, he cut his first tooth yesterday -- yippee!) His gums must be hurting pretty bad because he is starving yet he refuses to take his bottle. He cries the loudest, most shrill cry ever because he's hungry, but he won't let you appease the situation by giving him a bottle. I've never had a child fight the bottle like T3 and I don't really know what to do. We tried a couple of different bottles, a couple of different nipples, cups, etc. and nothing is working. Last night we managed to get a few ounces in him by using a medicine dropper. How high maintenance is that?!
T2 is doing well, I guess. Aside from biting, chasing and kicking Garth (our dog), removing every toy from the toy room and throwing them around the house (this is happening as I type this blog), getting into every drawer and cabinet, and his obsessiveness with Matt, he's a real happy child. He runs around the house like a madman wearing different hats and doing his best to stay one step ahead of you. The problem is dealing with T2's antics when you're in the midst of trying to explain to T1 why it's not appropriate to talk about his balls and trying to stop T3's fussing by giving him a bottle.
Things are crazy around here, but I think we better get used to it. Perhaps our struggles will prove comedic in due time.
1 comment:
ack! i hope your convo's with Tyler go well.
i was just about to suggest a medicine dropper before i read that :) how about teeting tablets? they melt in their mouth and you can get them at a whole foods and i think HEB.
gotta love that travis. he cracks me up.
Post a Comment