Monday, November 2, 2009

Where did I leave off?

My last blog was a long one, but there is still so much I haven't written about lately. Lucky for you, I'm tired tonight and don't have it in me to write too much!

Picking up where I left off in my last blog, T1 apparently told several people at school that the night of the dance was "the best night of my life" because he got to dance with Elaine. Elaine got wind of this and is now creeped out by T1. T1's girlfriend has been acting weird since the dance, so I expect T1 will be on the market soon. Since the dance, T1 has mentioned liking 5 different girls. He's girl crazy!

The day after the dance we took T1 to an 8:00 soccer game, after which we drove to Dallas to visit Rene and Troy. We went to a pumpkin patch with the kids on Saturday afternoon and then ate dinner at Red Robin. The pumpkin patch was crazy busy and we were seated in a long booth that the little guys ran up and down while at the restaurant. Rene and Troy were probably mortified - let's hope they didn't decide never to have children! We went back to Rene's and listened and danced to music with the little guys and then visited until midnight. That was way past this crew's bedtime! The next morning we met up with Ryan Corrigan, an old friend who was in town for an air show. Ryan is going to be the demonstration pilot for the Viper East demonstration team in 2010 and was able to show us a great time at the air show. We had VIP passes which gave us great seats, but Ryan also took us out on the flight line to see the F16 he flew into town. As we were walking across the runway toward his plane, an A10 flew right over us at an angle going extremely fast not too far off the ground. I saw it approach about two seconds before it flew over and quickly grabbed T2 and ducked onto the ground with him in my arms. Total dork, I know. Rene and T1 also freaked out and ducked. Matt and T3 were semi-cool with it all, but I think Ryan was laughing at all of us. After that we got up close and personal with the F16 and then watched the F18 do their show from the flight line. It was crazy cool to be in such close proximity to these jets during the airshow, but the little guys were scared by the sonic boom of the F18 so we had to put some distance between us and the fly-bys. The rest of the afternoon comprised of funnel cakes, the Blue Angels, and visiting with Ryan and Rene. It was a great! Here are some pictures:



Next blog....HALLOWEEN!

1 comment:

mp said...

cute pics! i'm terrified of air shows because of how many accidents i see on those stupid shows. i would've taken cover too!