Sunday, November 29, 2009

Season's Greetings

The holiday season is officially upon us! The kids and I are thrilled...Matt not so much. We started the weekend with a 5K Turkey Trot. T1 ran the race in 25 minutes 13 seconds -- he rocks! He placed 6th in the 11-14 age group. Matt and I each pushed a stroller, he had T2 and I had T3, and we finished in 30 minutes 44 seconds. I severely underestimated how hard it is to run pushing an extra 40 pounds! Later that day we went to Grandma Sara's for a delicious Thanksgiving meal with Sara, Marcus, Lisa, Jared D., Kyleigh, Nana, MamMa, Jared (my brother), and Cheri. T1 played Christmas music on his saxophone and the little ones played a little bit on the piano. It was a lovely time, but Adam and Marie's crew were definitely missed.

Friday morning we went to the McNay in an attempt to take family picture. Twenty dollars, 90 minutes, and 160+ photos later and I think we got some good ones! See for yourself (the first few are from the Turkey Trot and Thanksgiving dinner):
Parker Family


When we finished taking pictures, we grabbed a yummy burger from Five Guys and headed home to decorate the house for Christmas. T1 and I put up the decorations around the house and then decorated the tree with the help of T2 and T3. All three boys LOVED it! They were so happy and so excited. T2 and T3 gasped at almost every ornament they saw, sort of like they thought each one was the best ornament they had ever seen (until the next one). Dad and T1 put the Christmas lights up outside and, voila!, we were done. With Christmas music playing non-stop and little guys running around in Santa hats, this has been a pretty festive weekend!

1 comment:

mp said...

great pics! glad you guys had a great weekend.

and good job to tyler! we should do a jingle bell run or a new years day run while we are there! let me know if you know of any.