Monday, September 27, 2010

Major Pet Peeve

Have you looked at the way kids and adults write on Facebook and other public sites? Bad grammar and poor spelling runs rampant and it drives me CRAZY! Since T1 recently got a FB account, I've been explicitly clear that it is not cool nor acceptable to misspell words. It's one of my major pet peeves! I know I have an occasional blunder, but it really bothers me when this happens and I work hard to prevent it. I don't think most people care, but I don't want T1 or myself to be like most people -- that's not our standard. So, you can imagine my horror when T1 posted the following on Facebook:

"I GOT A KNEW PHONE!"

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! I was mortified! I immediately logged into his FB account and deleted the post and then explained to T1 that he would be writing lines next time I saw a misspelling like that. He knows I'm not kidding, so I chuckled today when I received the following text message:

"Call me. Please. And at your convienence. Sorry if I spelled that wrong. I don't know how to spell that."

I give him an A for effort for that one, and I feel rather confident he's going to suddenly become a better speller. That's my boy! He'll thank me later.

No comments: