Monday, March 3, 2008

T2's Terrible Twos

I'm sorry for not posting last week. I went out of town for a few days and we've been playing catch-up ever since.

So, it seems that T2 might be on the brink of the infamous "terrible twos". He's being very brazen in his defiance of our instruction lately and he's flat out turned into a little turd. I was resting on the couch the other day and he walked up and hit me in the face. Unscathed, I scolded him. He looked at me, gave pause, and then growled at me. Roarrrr! It took everything I had not to laugh, but I managed to keep my composure. About 2 minutes later I could sense T2 walking up to me again. I knew what was coming next; yes, he hit me again! Again, I scolded him and again he looked at me and growled (louder this time). I don't understand why he was growling. Is it because he only communicates in animal noises? Is it because he thinks I'm growling at him when I'm scolding him so he growls back? Is it because he knows it's going to make me laugh and, therefore, keep me from getting real mad? Regardless of the reason why, he's crazy! Aside from that illustration of his craziness, T2 has been crying much more than normal and he's been more violent and defiant than normal. I sense fun times ahead. Anyone up for babysitting? (smile...)

T2 has also started climbing out of his crib. Matt and I had just put the babies down for a nap this Saturday and we were getting ready to enjoy some alone time when we heard the pitter patter of little feet coming down the hall. T2 emerged with a big shit-eating grin on his face. You know the kind of grin I'm talking about. I immediately interrupted T1's Hannah Montana/Jonas Brothers jam session to see if he had gotten T2 out of his crib. He hadn't. So, we knew T2 had escaped on his own, but we weren't quite sure how. Later that day we were playing in the boys' room and had T2 in his crib. Within minutes we witnessed him lifting his right leg to the top of the crib (yes, he's a bendy baby) and using it to hoist his little body up and over the side of the crib. He was so darned proud of himself. We were not. He's crawled out of the crib several times since then. For example, he's been put in bed three times already tonight, yet just a few minutes ago we caught him jumping on the toddler bed that's in his room. Yes, he was wearing that same shit-eating grin. We would be mad if it wasn't so darned cute.

T1 is long past the terrible twos, but he's not necessarily more mature than T2. T2 is really into mimicking what we say right now, but he can pretty much only manage to repeat one syllable at a time. Rock, dog, duck, cat, and up are all frequently used words. However, T1 sees this as an opportunity to make T2 say stupid things. Here's a sampling of T1'a antics: "(T2) say this: I. am. not. so. phis. ti. ca. ted." Yes, T1 had T2 repeat "I am not sophisticated." Why? I'm not sure. Shortly after that, T1 had T2 say this: "I. am. not. a. boo. ger. pi. cker." Yep. "I am not a booger picker." T1 thought this was hilarious. I think it's ridiculous. Oh well, I have to pick my battles so I let this one go.

Did I tell you that T3 got his first tooth? It was painful for all of us, but we now have one down, 25 more to go (I think...). He's also crawling all over the place. His favorite destination: any electrical outlet. He's like a dog after a bone when he wants to unplug something and you better watch out if you get in his way because he screams like no child I've ever heard when he's ticked. It tests your patience. I'll leave it at that.

2 comments:

mp said...

oh no! I hope Travis is just going through some crazy little animal obsession and doesn't continue with the growling/hitting. Maybe you can take him to some other object that you do allow him to hit and growl at. Like a big stuffed animal or that Elmo chair! Tell him "we don't hit people but you may hit this chair if you are angry" and then let Elmo have it :)

Other then that, I would do a naughty mat but I think he's too young.

Tyler cracks me up to. I can see Travis being just like him. Ask Tyler why he's making Travis talk about him. Ha ha get it? "I am not sophisticated. I am a booger eater." He's saying things about Tyler.

Thanks for the update. Hope yall have a calm weekend ahead.

Jennillionarie said...

Hi Amber! Your descriptions of the the three T's are so funny! I guess I am only amused b/c I have not had to experience any of that yet...well I do have to admit Brian acts as if he is 2 sometimes.:) I would love to see that grin you are speaking of. You sound like you have your hands full. Good Luck.