It's been almost two weeks since my last posting. I'm sorry for being gone so long, but it's been a tough couple of weeks at work and I've usually been exhausted by the time I finally get home and get settled in. You understand, right?
In any case, it's T1's spring break this week. I feel bad because we haven't done much to make it a fun and special time. He had a soccer game at 2:00 last Saturday and his team got killed. The score was something like 1,000,000 to zip. Ok, so I'm exaggerating, but his team is really bad. When we were done with the soccer game, we spent the rest of the afternoon painting our fence. In completing this chore, I realized just how much fence we had despite not having much yard. It sucked, but the finished product looks awesome. Of course, it wasn't T1's idea of fun. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday were all pretty boring as well, but Wednesday was pretty fun. He and Matt took the canoe to a river north of the lake and went fishing for several hours. Later that day he got to hang out with a friend of his and stay the night at the friend's house. He went bowling with his friend today and had a blast. (Thanks, Amy, for letting T1 hang out with your crew!) Tonight he's staying the night at his Aunt Lisa's house. They're going to play video games, ping pong, and have a good ol' time. It looks like his spring break may be on the upswing!
The weirdest thing happened with T2 last night. I woke up to go to the restroom around 2:00 AM and decided to check things out around the house. (In accordance with my semi-obsessive compulsive nature, I had to make sure all doors were locked, the fish tank light was off, candles weren't burning, the garage door was shut, T1's lava lamp was off, the alarm was set, etc). Anyways, back to the story... When I walked into the boys' room to make sure they were both still breathing (another OC trait), I was startled to see T2 standing in the middle of his room looking at the wall. I scooped him up and he laid his head on my shoulder. After holding him for a few minutes, I put him back in his bed and he was asleep instantly. It made me wonder, though, could T2 be sleep walking? How would I know? Should I be concerned? T1 had night terrors for years. Could it be that my children have weird night habits? I know they have weird day habits, but weird night habits too? Hmm...
T3 had an ear infection in both ears last week. He had intermittent fever for several days, he was throwing up, not sleeping, not eating, and was very fussy. It was a tough week. I was so glad when my mom offered to watch T2 and T3 all day Wednesday so Matt could take a break from the little guys and accompany T1's class on a field trip. T3 is better now, thank God. He's been spending time perfecting his army crawl. I swear that little man is fast! One minute he's in the living room and if you turn your back for a second (usually to stop a T2 destructive streak) then he's all of a sudden at the refrigerator in the kitchen. I love his mobility, but it also scares me.
Guess what? T3 has finally graduated to the big boy crib in the bedroom he's going to share with T2. Matt and I finally have our bedroom to ourselves again! Hip! Hip! Hooray! (Mom, don't worry, I won't get pregnant again.)
Well, I guess that's it for now. I'll try not to let too much time pass before my next blog. Take care everyone.
1 comment:
sorry about your rough week at work. hope things are settled by now.
hope trevor is feeling better. a sick baby stinks.
Post a Comment