Summer has been a blast so far! T1 is in his second week of soccer camp. He is learning so much and having a ton of fun. Apparently, he now wants to be an architect and a professional soccer player. He has been watching professional soccer highlights on YouTube and whooping up on Matt and I in the backyard every time he gets a chance. I can already tell he is definitely improving his skills, so watching him play next season should be awesome.
Matt took T2, T1, and a friend of T1's camping last weekend. Thunderstorms and bug bites aside, they had a good time. They slept in a tent, something that usually doesn't happen when I go "camping", and swam in a river for several hours. While they were camping, T3 and I hit the road for a girl's weekend. There were four of us that spent the weekend together and another two friends hung out with us on Saturday night. There wasn't a husband in sight! It was a lot of fun! (Yes, there was wine involved!) Four of us are planning to run a half-marathon together later this year - I'm really looking forward to it. Not only did I enjoy my time with the girls (something I haven't done in so long), I must say that I really enjoyed having T3 alone for a while. Before this weekend, I can't tell you the last time T3 and I spent time together without the other kiddos.
Well, I'm off to shower. I went for a run tonight and both T1 and T2 told me I stunk when I kissed them goodnight. I bet T3 would have said the same thing if he could talk. Ick, I know, but a girl can't run 6 miles in 90 degrees weather and expect to come out smelling like roses!
No comments:
Post a Comment