About 30 minutes after we had put the boys to bed tonight, Matt went in to check on them. Finding both T2 and T3 still awake, he asked T2 if he had gone poo poo because T2 had been trying for several hours to relieve himself to no avail. T2 replied by saying that he had gone poo poo in the potty and had put on a new diaper all by himself. Matt checked the potty and, sure enough, there was a log. It was big so Matt called me in to look at it (my life with boys...). After seeing what T2 had passed, Matt and I went into his bedroom to celebrate. I sang and danced, Matt gave T2 a high five and some kisses, and we both showered T2 with compliments and encouragement. (Mind you, we've been potty training FOREVER at this point!) T2 was smiling incredibly big - I thought we were in the midst of a major milestone!
I thought wrong.
When the excitement calmed down a few minutes later, Matt got to wondering about the diaper that T2 had been wearing before pooping in the potty. He looked and quickly found it in the bathroom trash. Much to Matt's surprise, the diaper had clear evidence that T2 did not poop in the potty. Instead, it appears that he pooped in his diaper, transferred the poop to the potty (possibly by hand), threw the dirty diaper in the trash, and put a clean diaper on. When we asked T2 about this, he said nothing but just continued smiling his big, adorable smile. Cute? I think not.
What are we going to do with this child????
No comments:
Post a Comment