Saturday, May 2, 2009

Remember us?

I can't believe it's been a month since my last blog! So much has happened, most of which I'm sure I won't recall now, but I'll try to hit the highlights.

The day after my last post we took T3 to the ENT because of a very persistent ear infection. He ended up failing his hearing test in one ear and the doctor confirmed he had no pressure in the drum of that same ear. The doc suggested he get tubes the next morning, so we did. While that helped his ears, a couple days later he came down with a bad bronchial infection that caused a 105 fever and a world of hurt. A few days later all was well, thank goodness. Unfortunately, he had a 103 fever the last several days and the doctor said he had a stomach virus. Aside from his complete refusal to sleep right now (it's 10:46 p.m. as I type this and he's still yelling at us from his crib), he finally appears to be healthy. I think he's cashed in all of his sick chips for the year, so hopefully we have healthy times in our future.

Matt and I recently enjoyed a wonderful trip to the Mayan Riviera in Mexico to celebrate our 10-year anniversary (which was actually last December). Grandma Sara and Grandpa Marcus stayed at the house the with the boys while we were gone and took exceptional care of them for us. It was pretty funny to come back and hear someone else describe all the quirky behaviors of the boys that are totally natural to us, but pretty humorous when someone else has to deal with it. :) T3's theatrical temper tantrums that last exactly 45 seconds long, T2's secret attacks on T3 when he thinks no one is looking, T1 kicking the dog food across the kitchen floor as he reluctantly feeds the dogs (even though he gets paid for it), and much more... While we were gone, T1's school gave "the talk" to the 5th grade boys. T1 didn't learn much he didn't already know, but the graphics in the little Old Spice pamphlet that came home with him sure made an impression! Despite this, everything was fine while we were gone and we're so grateful for those who helped. Thank you Grandma Sara and Grandpa Marcus, as well as Aunt Lisa and Nana, for being so wonderful with our children during this time.

T1's school district closed all schools the day after Matt and I returned from Mexico. Churches and daycares are also closed, and all regional sports have been cancelled. This was all a result of fear regarding the swine flu. The schools weren't scheduled to reopen until May 11, but the Superintendent has since reconsidered and they'll reopen schools on May 8. It's a good thing because T1 has been bored. He's played at the fort (which, sadly, is nicer than some of homes we saw in Mexico), played video games, surfed the net (scary territory...), visited a drive-through zoo with Matt and the little guys, took the canoe on the river with Matt and a friend, played in poison ivy, watched movies, and relaxed. I'm pretty sure he's bored now and will be glad to go back to school. Science TAKS testing will happen next week, so I'm sure he'll change his mind and and wish schools were closed again!

T2's 3rd birthday is this Saturday. He's been excited about his birthday for months now, so I hope he's not disappointed. We still don't know what we're going to do, but I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

mp said...

i was hoping you'd post your pics here too!

glad you guys are back and everyone is healthy!