T1...
I feel like we are on the verge of very scary territory for me with respect to T1. Why? Because middle school is right around the corner! He's signed up for his classes, picked his electives, and attended an orientation at the middle school campus. In addition to the regular curriculum, T1 selected Band and Inquiry Based Problem Solving for his electives. He wants to play the alto saxophone like his dad and he's hoping that Inquiry Based Problem Solving will help him get into a better college. Matt went with him to an orientation at the middle school the other night and he said that T1 was trolling for his friends and goofing off the entire time. Before they left for the orientation, T1 was playing with a friend and they spent the entire time plotting how to defend their fort from the older kids by throwing rocks at them and tying rocks to a string and swinging it at them, among other things. They've even positioned some metal posts sticking out of the fort as a measure of self defense. For some reason, I don't think he'll be as brazen when he actually starts attending middle school with the big kids!
T2...
So, ketchup might be T2's new favorite food. He dips macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches, and green beans in his ketchup. He even tries to eat it plain with a spoon! Ick!
We are trying desperately to potty train T2 and he's still not interested. Matt bought several different pair of Power Ranger underwear and he's wearing them at home now. The "no diaper" thing is dangerous territory, I know... Matt also bought Spider Man boxer briefs, but T2 won't have anything to do with those. He loves the Power Ranger underwear so much (they're of the tighty-whitey fashion) that he prefers to wear them with nothing else on because he wants to see the Power Rangers at all times (there's one Power Ranger on the front of the underwear and another, bigger one on the back). Unfortunately, he doesn't like the pair with the blue Power Ranger on them because he can't see that particular Power Ranger very well when he looks over his shoulder at his hiney (he cried over this the other morning). Unfortunately, despite how much he loves these underwear, he's still perfectly content to pee in them. What are we going to do? He'll be 3 soon!
T3...
While Matt and T1 were out of town the other weekend, T3 poured the dog water on his head 3 times! I don't know what his fascination is with the dog water, but it drove me absolutely bonkers. Regardless of that silliness, T3 is truly my little love bug. He is so sweet. He loves to sit on my lap, give hugs and kisses, be held, and play with my hair. When he's not screaming, he seems to be the sweetest of our children. (Is that wrong to say?) He even shows love for the dogs, often walking Rusty around the house by his collar and hugging him intermittently throughout his "walk" and giving Garth kisses.
Matt and I...
The other day T1 was describing the physical characteristics of a stranger he saw and said "he was an old man like dad". I thought that was hilarious until the next day when someone asked if T3 was my grandson. Can you believe that?! I was floored!
1 comment:
Amber! I can't even imagine someone asking that to you! Take it from me, you DO NOT look like a grandma!
As for your ketchup kid? I love it! I eat everything you listed with ketchup and more. Ha ha!
Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment