Now, onto the "Opa!" part of our weekend... Saturday night we went to a Greek Funstival with one of my all-time favorite families. We enjoyed Greek shopping, Greek food, Greek beer, Greek music, and best of all Greek dancing. It was a ton of fun! T1 was spoiled by my BFF and her parents-they bought him a Greek hat and t-shirt and a Greek flag. He wore the hat all day today (check out the picture below with T1 and a friend's son) and he hung the Greek flag on his wall last night before he laid his Greek-wannabe head on his pillow to go to sleep. The food was delicious, although I didn't quite appreciate the red hand print Trevor left on my white shirt (yep, on my boob) after he had stuffed his face with marinara covered green beans (I think that's what they were). True to form T2 didn't eat a darned thing, but he was happy because he found a small patch of grass and a couple of older kids to chase around. All 3 of my kiddos loved the music, but T1 learned two Greek dances and he danced on stage with my friend for quite a while while the rest of us watched and wondered how they had the energy to keep going - it seemed they were up there forever! Matt got brave at one point and let T2 and T3 dance on stage. They had a blast trying to dance in circles and stomp like the adults, but you better believe they were ticked when we had to take them off stage so we could go home. Overall, we had a lot of fun and I hope we make an annual pilgrimage to the Funstival. T1 taught me the Greek dances this afternoon while we were playing in the backyard, so maybe I'll be brave next year and get on stage. 
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Our Weekend: From "Oh Baby!" to "Opa!'
Let's start with "Oh baby!"... I'm taking a risk and revealing my inner dork here, so take it easy on me after you read this. Guess where I was Friday night? Sitting front and center in the 14th row of the NKOTB concert! Yep, I finally got to see these fantastically scrumptious men after more then 20 years of adoration. Yes, I still remember all of my friends going to the concert when we were little while I sat at home watching MTV because my family didn't have the financial means for such splurges. Now, before you laugh at me, I know many of you also loved them. I even heard that one of you skipped school and tried to stalk them at their hotel when they were here in 1990! (I won't call you out, but you know who you are!) :) Friday was a fun and nostalgic day. Believe it or not, I even wore a NKOTB vintage t-shirt to work. There were plenty of laughs, but it was all worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
cute pic!
WHAT A GOOD LOOKING BOY!!! YASSOU TYLER!!!
Post a Comment