So, this Monday T1 broke up with Shelby. Why? I don't know.
On Tuesday, Shelby's best friend, Elaine, was sitting next to T1 in Music class and said "I'm bored." Without hesitation, T1 asked Elaine "So, why don't you kiss me?" Elaine got mad at T1 and told Shelby. T1 came home concerned that Shelby would tell her mom (who is the class mom) and that she would get mad at him.
On Wednesday, T1 and Shelby got back together. I guess Shelby doesn't hold grudges.
When T1 told me all of this, I just about died! I could not believe my son had asked a girl to kiss him! He's not supposed to be thinking about that stuff for at least another 3 years according to my recollection. I questioned why he asked Elaine to kiss him and he replied that he didn't know, that it just came about before he even had a chance to think about it, further explaining that there are many times when he speaks without thinking (as if that was a big surprise...). What am I going to do with this kid?
T2, on the other hand, still only has eyes for his dad. Tonight he smiled at me in such a sweet way, so I put my nose to his nose for a sweet moment when he grabbed the biggest handful of hair possible, yanked it as hard as he could, smiled tremendously big, and simply said "funny". I disagree. Losing my hair one strand at a time to the whims of a 2-year old is not funny at all.
Oh yeah, did I mention that tomorrow T2 will be 2? Wow! He's getting so big so fast. We went to the doctor on Tuesday and T2 is bigger than 8 out of 10 boys his age and the doctor was really impressed with how many words he is saying (we stopped counting at 120).
T3 also had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and he is bigger than 9 out of 10 boys his age. He has seemed happier than normal these days and it is such a joy to play and smile with him. He is just so darned sweet! He's also been sleeping through the night -- yippee! :)
Guess what? I started working from 7:30-4:00 this week and I think it's really going to work nicely for me and the family as long as I am disciplined about leaving the office at 4:00. I have to wake up and leave much earlier than I'm used to in order to maintain this schedule, so I miss some of the morning fun. However, based on Matt's call to me this morning, I think I can tolerate this sacrifice. Apparently T2 pooped in his diaper and then stuck his hand in the diaper to play with the poop. Disgusting, right? So, if this is the kind of thing I'm missing in the mornings, then I think this new schedule benefits me terrifically!
It's getting late so I better go. I have to finish watching Grey's Anatomy, something that may not be possible if T2 doesn't stop getting out of bed. This kid...
1 comment:
great pics, my hotmail is not letting me send pics so sorry i haven't gotten any to you.
that's crazy that tyler tells you all that stuff about kissing and girls. that's awesome that you guys are open like that. tanner and i are like that but not so much matthew.
hope travis had a good bday party.
Post a Comment