Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Horizons

T2 and T3 started a new school this week. It's a really big transition for them because they are used to going to school for a few hours a couple times a week and then being together in the care of a nanny the rest of the time Matt and I are working. For many different reasons, we decided it would be best to abandon that childcare model in favor of a more full-time approach. Their new school has huge classrooms, an extremely large outdoor play area, and great organization and structure of the kids and their activities. Matt and I looked into several places and their new school definitely seemed to be the best fit for our boys. Everything seems to be going well so far. T2 had no hesitation whatsoever about going into a new school, with a new teacher and new friends. T3, on the other hand, had great trepidation and cried the first day. Luckily, it didn't last long and his teacher assured me he was very social and not shy at all during the day. Although T3 seems to be doing fairly well, each day he tries to convince Matt to bring home everything in his cubby, I guess in hopes that he doesn't have to go back again. I think it will all work out and am looking forward to the kids thriving in this new environment. One benefit already is that my house isn't a wreck when I walk in the door after work because they've been at school all day! :)

No comments: