Recently, I was sick...really sick...the sickest I've been in 10 years and my boys sensed weakness and took advantage. Matt was hunting so I was home alone on the couch most of the time and they terrorized me! They picked on each other, destroyed the house, and used our furniture as playground equipment...you get the picture. It was not fun.
T2 has had extra energy these days, if that's even possible. Our saving grace is the threat that Santa is watching (thanks Lisa!). If we mention Santa, he straightens up immediately! As normal, T3 is sweet and well behaved, only getting in trouble when he's copying something T2 is doing. T1 had a band concert this week and did a great job. Sixth grade is still going well. He's had a run-in with one teacher and one bully, but has overcome that adversity and seems to be thriving in school.
We celebrated MamMa's 88th birthday tonight (a few days early) with tamales and German Chocolate Cake -- yummy! The little guys bickered at each other almost the entire time and T1 split his time between antagonizing the boys and vying for attention from the adults by constantly interrupting conversation, all of which is typical in the Parker household. At one point, T2 was climbing on Matt and kept standing on Matt's ankle. I think it was Nana, but someone told T2 to apologize to Matt and say he didn't mean to hurt him. Here's how it went: "Dad, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you...(pause)...T3 did." Yep, he blamed T3 for trying to hurt Matt even though though T3 was nowhere near. Malicious. Another time Matt was scolding T3 for taking T2's toy and told T3 to give the toy back to T2. When T3 started running away from Matt with the toy in hand, Matt said "T3, give T2 the toy! One..." T2 interjects "Two. Three." They both do that now - finish the countdown when Matt starts scolding the other one. It makes us laugh during an inopportune time. Crazy kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment