Well, hello there! It's Friday night and my babies are in bed and my husband is at work so I have time to blog - yea! Let's see if I can stay awake long enough to give a few updates about the boys.
T1 continues to have a great time at camp. We were thrilled to learn that he has been nominated to be a Black Eagle. What's a Black Eagle, you wonder? Here's an excerpt from an email my BFF's dad sent me the other day (he was a counselor at this camp many years ago):
"...this is one of the highest honors given to a youngster at Camp, and I am so very proud of T1. This honor is bestowed upon the campers who have a friendly, positive attitude. It is for kids who help other campers and counselors alike, and for kids who work hard and never complain. Politeness, courtesy, decency, and a willingness to always try hard to be the best as well as being a good sport are some of the qualities of a Black Eagle. Selection is NOT due to academic or athletic ability, but rather on being an all around "great guy"."
Here's an excerpt from an email we received from the Camp Director:
"Overall, to be selected as a Black Eagle is to begin the path of learning the secrets of the Black Eagles and understanding and practicing the mysterious connection between service and leadership. The Black Eagles exist to recognize and develop important life leadership skills, not the least of which are responsibility, honor, dependability, service, wisdom and humility." I'm so proud of T1! We'll find out if he made Black Eagle during closing ceremonies. Speaking of closing ceremonies...there's only one more week until we pick T1 up and bring him home. I can't wait to see him and hug him!
T2 is making progress on the potty training front. When all else fails, try bribery. We're many, many months into the whole potty training effort and T2 is finally expressing an interest in using the potty because we're giving him one Skittle every time he pees in the potty and two Skittles every time he poops in the potty. It's working, so I'm happy! On a different note, tonight out of the blue T2 called me a knucklehead. Where in the world did he get that and why does he think that name fits me?
T3 is trying so hard to talk and he's really coming along. He's growing very fast and as he gets bigger T2 gets nicer, primarily because T3 is learning how to defend himself. They've been playing better together lately, and T2 has even taken to calling T3 "little buddy". T3 still copies everything T2 does, and one of their favorite activities is to wear capes and run around the house "getting the bad guys". I feel so protected! :) Would you believe it took T3 almost 2 hours to fall asleep tonight? He was having issues because I couldn't find his blue blankie. Yes, he's very attached to this blanket. I finally found it a few minutes ago and he was asleep within 20 seconds. That blanket must bring great comfort!
No comments:
Post a Comment