Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm too blasted tired...

...to blog these days! I want to blog more frequently, really I do, but I haven't mustered the energy to commit to the task lately. It's important to me that I blog regularly because I have a horrible memory and I know I'll forget so many of the fun and quirky things my children do if I don't write it down. In the interest of time tonight (did I mention I'm tired?), I'm going to quickly jot down a few things:

  • The other day Matt gave the kids ice cream with chocolate syrup while I was in the bedroom working on an assignment for school. Well, T2 came in and started playing on our bed. I didn't pay much attention until Matt came in to check on T2 and, upon looking at him (something I had barely done since I was focused elsewhere), thanked me for wiping T2's face. Problem was I never got up from my desk - I hadn't even really looked at T2. So, guess whose bed has chocolate syrup stains all over it? Yep, that would be mine. Of course, the chocolate stains are on my side of the bed. That will teach me to pay closer attention! Did I mention our sheets are white? Sigh...
  • On the same ice cream night, T1 and T2 were jumping on the bed when T1 exclaimed "Don't hit my flower patch!" Crazy boy, say what? I'm not touching that one.
  • T1 likes a new girl (Desiree), but he's promised not to have another girlfriend for the rest of the year. We'll see how long he holds out. I think I told you earlier that one of his ex-girlfriends threatened him with a beat down at church the other day? Too funny.
  • T1 ran 5 miles with me the other day. He rocks! I think we're going to sign up for a Rodeo Run and a run to benefit Bat Conservation International. Does anyone want to join us? Jared? Jacque? Marcus? Lisa?
  • I think, but can't yet confirm, that T1 got straight A's this grading period. Cross your fingers! We should find out this week.
  • T3 still isn't talking. He says Dada (of course), Travis (or something close to it), this? (and it's always in question form as in "what's this?"), bye (he's got that one down pat!), eyes, and mama (only on rare occasions). He communicates mainly in grunts and screams, although we're seeing more and more signs that he's understanding what we say. I think his uncle didn't talk until he was 3, so I'm not worried, but it would be nice to communicate with him.
  • T3 got another haircut yesterday and he was a perfect angel! Come to think of it, he's always an angel in public. At home, he does a 180 turnaround and screams like a banshee!
  • T2 was kicked out of the YMCA the other day for getting in a fight. The kid definitely knows how to scrap (he pulls some fast ones on T1), but I think the childcare attendants weren't doing their job if the "fight" was bad enough to merit kicking out a 2-year old.
  • On a positive note, T2's teacher said he had the best manners of all students in her toddler classes. Yes, we're talking about the same little scrapper referenced in the bullet above. Figure that one out.
  • Unfortunately, Mr. Manners has learned the phrase "no way!" and he's using it regularly with Matt and I. Not cool.
  • T2 and T3 are absolutely enthralled with Planet Earth. They watch it all the time. I would bet money that T2 knows more animals that I do. He corrected me the other day when I was naming animals for T3 and, by golly, he was right!
  • T1 and his friends have built an amazing fort in a wooded area by our house. They used limp branches of a tree and hay from the ground to shape it like a hut. I'm thrilled they have such a strong desire to play outside and build forts (things we did in the olden days!) and am seriously impressed with how cool it looks. If you're reading this and you're local, you should come check it out. They found an old skull of a cow (oops, Matt just said it's a hip bone, not a skull - whatever.) and placed it at the fort's entrance. The other day they thought they found a grave near the fort, but they decided not to hunt for dead bodies. However, Matt just said they took shovels to the fort today. I'll have to see what that's all about tomorrow when I catch up with my T-man.
  • T1's soccer and swimming started again this week, so here we go again! The Christmas break was so nice.

Wow - tonight's blog ended up being longer than expected!

1 comment:

mp said...

Great update! I was wondering where you guys have been!