T3, on the other hand, isn't talking much at all, but he does make tons of "da da da da da da" noises that I am sure actually mean something to him. What he's lacking in words, he makes up for in screaming -- that little guy is LOUD!!!!!
T1 also continues to talk nonstop. At 9:15 this evening as T1 was explaining to me in great detail the lesson on textures he had in Art class today, Matt interrupted and said he thought there was a filibuster going on. Basically, T1 thought he wouldn't have to go to bed as long as he kept talking. Did I catch on? Nope, but T1 smiled as soon as Matt made his remark and I realized I had been had! I should have known that T1 would only talk extensively and enthusiastically about school if doing so kept him from something less boring (i.e. going to bed on time).
On a different note....
Matt and I took the two little guys to Lost Maples yesterday to see the local fall foliage. In addition to being disappointed by T2 puking all over himself while in the car seat (an icky and somewhat common bout of motion sickness for our middle guy), I was disappointed in the 5 maple trees we saw (whoop dee do!). That aside, we really did have a good time hiking and picnicking. Surprisingly, there were TONS of old people on the trails at Lost Maples. I mean OLD people, like old peoples' parents kind of old. It was crazy! The trail was steep and slick in many places - these folks definitely worried me. Lost Maples is in the middle of nowhere, so I'm sort of surprised that EMS wasn't on hand waiting for the next hip to break. Ay yay ya. Old folks aside, our little guys did pretty well. They hiked much of the time on their own. They fell several times, but never got too dramatic about it. They stopped for pictures (yep, I took over 100 pics - ridiculous, I know.). They smiled and waved at old strangers along the trail. It was pretty fun. Here are a couple of pictures from our trip:
2 comments:
great pics!! i like the ones of the boys sleeping. too cute!
Did you take that pic of the trees? WOW! That is AWESOME! I love how T2 has his arms around T3!!
Post a Comment